buffalo horn handle

OK, now that I have shown my ignorance. :les:
I wondered how come the spots on the leather, duh............. its not leather, birch bark.

The more I understand about this knife the more I like the choice of materials and how well they work together!! The 416 works well as the guard and the pommel. I see more of these in your future!!!!

Thanks fellas! Justin, I love the AEB-L. Easy to work and you don't have to worry about putting it down and coming back to a stain because you looked at it wrong as you walked away. I also like how easily it sharpens. Cliff, I too see more of these in my future. I might even make one to keep for myself! :what!: I can't remember if I've mentioned here, but the recipient of this knife is leaving for Australia next week for another hunt. I need to see how many pounds of horn he can bring me back!:biggrin:

Chris

Chris, you're not the only one who missed recognizing the birch bark in the handle. Real obvious once it's pointed out.

Doug

Had a chance to visit with the new owner about his Australia buffalo hunt. Really positive feedback on this knife and he can't seem to be more pleased. While we were flipping through the photos of the trip we come across this...
ulavuCL.jpg

He said there were 3 and 4' burls everywhere, he just took this pic because it was well over 6'! :what!: Then he goes on to inform me the primary fuel source for the campfire was a type of ironwood. :15:

I had a really good visit with him and am well pleased how happy he is with his knife.

Chris

Back