Bowie/Boner/Kitchen Knife WIP

Kevin Zito

KNIFE MAKER
So I thought that I would show a few pics of a knife build. The steel is 154 cm (1/8”), blade is 8.5”, and handle will be 4.25”. Currently I have about 6 hours in it including fitting the guard. I am going to make the blade a bit thinner from spine to edge... I think it will look better. All work thus far has been done with a 4 by 36, files, and sandpaper. Thanks for looking. Please critique!B06C83BF-775B-48B8-95B8-3D23B732719F.jpegB8C179A7-F625-4029-9CFD-F34836B54777.jpeg21E283C7-2BEE-4927-81B5-A32E4231F5B2.jpeg

You definitely learn things the first time.

The tang on this one is so much better. The blade to guard fit.. I simply cannot believe how much you have improved there in short order.
Thank you, John! I can not tell you how much it means coming from you!

i noticed the rounded spine which is something that few do. I have seen a cut occur from a sharp edged spine so that is a nice touch to what has started out with a lot of attention to detail.
Thanks, Gary!
I was wondering if anybody would notice that lol. The keen eyes around here never let me down haha.

My hat is off to you I have done two knives with only files and hand tools and neither approached that one. What are you gonna do for the handle???

My hat is off to you I have done two knives with only files and hand tools and neither approached that one. What are you gonna do for the handle???
Thanks for the kind words! I think I’m going to use a piece of dyed and stabilized maple. I’ll have some pics later today probably. Thanks again!

Back