BLADE- My first Article.

Freakin awesome, JIM.... I wish I could get more.... are you going to blade east or west this year?

Very nice article. Your sandbox knife really laid it down in those tests. How many knives you got working in Afghanistan right now? It's good to know that you support our troops. My stepson just landed in Afghanistan last week and there will be a segment on the CBS Evening news about Fox Company Monday March 8th. Go Marines!

Pat

Not sure of the number. I have sent out 9 CCT and 6 TSF. If your son wants one, is active, I'll move him to the front of the line. Get me contact info.

Thank you for the kind words and leading the way.

I am still moving active military to the front of the line. Lighting the forge today, gotta go pound something.

Jim

Congrats on making a great knife and getting recognized for it.
God Bless America!
Joel

I read that article a few times!!!! What a great write up. It reminded me that I have to get one of your knives!!!

Congrats on that! And I find it very cool to see that one of the knives that "only" has 440C steel does so well. I was getting sick of steelsnobs going around and telling people that anything that isn't S30V or CPM154 isn't good enough.

Congrats on that! And I find it very cool to see that one of the knives that "only" has 440C steel does so well. I was getting sick of steelsnobs going around and telling people that anything that isn't S30V or CPM154 isn't good enough.

We tested 30, 90, 154, 1095, etc. If you heat treat, cryo and temper It is MY opinion that it is alot of hooey. 440C cuts great, holds an edge, is predictable and works well with the other stresses on a blade. NOT just the edge, but the pivot under goes stress and load. 440C, 1095, cable and damascus rule.

Thank You, Dave @ GLW

Thank you for all the kind words.

A special thanks to Dave at Great Lakes Waterjet. He helped tremendously with getting the gizmos to work and then cutting the Ti. Gave me great advice on where to buy tools and shortened the path.

I've always tried to thank all that have shared here. Many bits were picked up along the way, from many that I haven't recognized. This forum and all that pass the magic dust on deserve a Thank You.

Back