Badger Show - Worth Taking In?

Jim T

I'll be in the Janesville area in March about the same time that the Badger Knife Show is going on. I'm pretty new to knifemaking, so I was wondering what kind of things this show had to offer. Are there demonstrations, seminars, etc? Or is it primarily a show and sell event (not that I mind that either)? I just don't know what I should expect. Can anyone fill me in? - Jim

I have been doing the Badger Show for more years than I can remember now and while it is not like "Blade" with seminars and demonstrations (although you could suggest it, I would be happy to help by giving a talk), it is one of the best shows I do. In fact I have worked hard to limit my shows to 2 a year now- Blade and the Badger Show, and if I had to give one up it probably wouldn't be the Badger. In my opinion Bob Schrap and the folks in Janesville set the standard by which all other shows could learn how to do it and I have always been disappointed that it is not given coverage in the magazines despite being just down the road from "Blade's" home office.

Often I bring my best pieces to the Badger show (and get nice little Wisconsin shaped plaques for it) that are gone by the time the Blade show rolls around. It is a nice show to get a cross section of knives, from $5 to $5,000 and beyond, without the hustle and bustle or sensory overload of a really big show. This allows you to chat and browse at your leisure. Not that they don't pack people in, there is pretty good traffic. With the timing, location and profit potential vs. expenses, there is a reason the Badger show has a waiting list for tables that rivals or exceeds Blade. You probably already have the info but you can learn more of what you will see there here: http://www.badgerknifeclub.org/knifeshow.html

Thanks Kevin! I was beginning to wonder why no one seemed to be offering an opinion on the Badger Show until you took the time to respond. High praise indeed for the Badger Show. I'm already juggling my schedule so I can take it in. Thanks for filling me in, Kevin! - Jim

I will For surly be hitting the Badger Show this coming year, as a spectator.

I am thinking of staying down there so I can get a full day in and then some.
There is a lot of people I plan on bugging :)

its a nice show i did not get a table this year been waiting awhile hoped you liked it ernie i looked for you did not see you or kevin i did not now you had table hope you did well

Back