Badger Knife Show

No matter what time you get there, why don't we try to meet on Friday at 2:00 in the lobby of the show.
My cell is 815-693-0235

Steve

Sounds good, We will be staying a little later than I said before :)

We will get there probably around noon or 1 it looks like.

Just look for the big bald guy wearing a pink lunchbox Ernie Swanson Knives shirt!!!!

Well, The Badger show went great, I met a few members of knifedogs and finally got to meet Les Voorhies, Steve Janik, Eric Poris, Larry Franklin, Ken Coats, Don Cowles, Jason Rabuck, Jim Poling, and Mike B from Woodlab.biz
I didnt get a chance to talk to Kevin Cashen, Delbert Ealy, or a few other guys.
I did have a pretty good conversation with Jim Poling and Mike B.
It was fun hanging with Steve, Eric, and Larry. I was happy to finally meet some of these guys after talking with them on the websites for over a year.

Thanks guys for the fun day!!!
Next year I might have to stay the night down there so I can talk to more people.

I Had a good time on friday. Spent what little money i had in short time. Talked to Peter Martin for a bit and bought his stick tang dvd. Already watched it Very nice! Picked up a few engraving jobs. My buddy ended up buying a couple of customs. Pretty nice show the rest of you have a good time. I love talking with knife people.
Doug

Heres some pics

Attachments

• 100_1834.jpg
    100_1834.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 100_1835.jpg
    100_1835.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 100_1837.jpg
    100_1837.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 12
Wow, what a great day. We gotta plan ahead better next year so more of us can meet up and hang out! Here's a couple pics, I'll post more tomorrow. In the meantime I'm happy to say I'm now a member of the Badger Knife Club and I'm on the waiting list for a table.
1) Del Ealy's kitchen knives. I spent a lot of time talking with Del and he gave me some great tips on making my knives better.
2) Kevin Cashen looking dapper... we talked a lot too, it was oodles of fun
3) Kevin's exquisite bowie
4) I picked up a couple pieces of wood at the show 1-3 spalted birch, 4- nicely figured walnut, and the score of the day 5- a little 9lb chunk of desert ironwood. I might get a few nice handles out of these :biggrin:

Attachments

• wood Badger 11.jpg
    wood Badger 11.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Cashen Badger 11.jpg
    Cashen Badger 11.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Cashen Bowie Badger 11.jpg
    Cashen Bowie Badger 11.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Ealy kitchen Badger.jpg
    Ealy kitchen Badger.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
jame your lucky i did not see that ironwood fri, good score my man, wasnt kevin a great guy to talk to funny as hell to. they were all very nice guys anyway you put it good luck with table ive been waiting 3 years now.

Great show with some awesome knives on display

Congrats to Peter Martin - Best Folder & Glen Mikolajczyk - Best Tomahawk & Best fixed blade (I think this is correct) for their awards

Next year I might have to get a hotel room so I can be there Friday and Saturday.

I am hooked to the knife shows now......... :)

Table coming soon :) :) :)

Back