Anyone use the Micro roller bearings for their folder?

Gahagan

Gahagan,
I've got a flipper I'm working on that will have these type bearings in it, the only way I can think of using them is by cutting a hole to fit them into the liners and the handle a little but as well to make sure they are recessed while leaving enouh out to contact the blade, you will need the counterbore that Boss has on his website, but last I heard I got the last one, that was actually "used", rather it was tested by Les George. And got super lucky to get that one! I haven't heard if he has gotten any others in as of yet. This is my first folder so know that I'm no expert! I've been studying on this one folder since I did the original design on it last summer, it's a smallish flipper with a wharny blade, the blade is 1095, hoping I can pull a tiny little hamon on it, that would be so cool!!!!! For me to carry my own made knife is the ulitmate, It wil be nice when the conversation comes up, to show it off, that is provided I can get it made and finished to my liking. Good luck on yours, I think these bearings should make for a very smooth opening, and a flipper should fly open!!! I'm also thinking of adding the floating pin stop Ed Caffrey uses, it looks like it might be a little out of my skill level, but with the tooling block he made I think I might be able to pull it off, check out his tutorial on his Forum, I think it's the second post he made, which will put it on page 2, second from the bottom, Good luck on yours, if you figure out anythiong about using these bearing, please make sure I know about it, I realize I'm going to make mistakes, after a while I have to find a way to minimize those mistakes, to try to save some money! Ti aint cheap! Thanks Bud, Rex

I spoke with Eugene Iverson, hes a knife maker but is getting into being a tool maker, he's a good man. you can reach him at
eugeneiverson@gmail.com I had him make me a counter bore for the bearings that you are talking about. cant beat his prices. He can make you about anything you need. very good quality.

Back