Any one make slip joint pouches?

Bruce Bump

Forum Owner-Moderator
I tried for a couple hours to sew up a simple leather slip joint pouch to include when I sell one. They are just a simple pouch but the leather is too thin for hand stitching and my Tippman wont go small enough.
The knife is only about 3 3/4" long and less than 1" wide. Any ideas whether to have some made or buy them somewhere?

I did one that That came out pretty good, I think? I found that calculating for the thickness of the knife in making the templet was the 1st important thing as this allowed me to cut out and stitch the pouch flat before I fit the knife. I also the center pice of the leather left over after cutting out the welt inside the pouch. Then i used the space in between the welt and the cutout inside the pouch as my stitching out line/ channel. then I removed the leather pice from inside the pouch and wet formed the knife in it. I found the extra support out side and inside helpful as I did the stitching.

Are they $10 each? They are kinda what I have in mind but leather would be better. Simple is good and costs less too. These pouches are just complimentary to my customers. It would be cool if they had my logo on em too.
Bruce,
This doesn't specificly answer your question or look 'high end', but they do work. They're available in all kinds of sizes. I bought some for storing my customs.
http://www.knivesplus.com/SU-804-SACK-UPS.HTML

Rudy

I'll make one for you...

1303269581.jpg

I'll make one for you...

1303269581.jpg

Charlie, thanks for the offer. I'm not wild about the buttons on yours. I bought peel and stick velcro for the one I did finially make and it worked good. Robin and I have it figured out. He has a barrel of light weight leather pieces and a sewing machine but also a lifetime of experience. He's offered to put up with me for a couple hours to sew up a batch. Also Steven Janiks wife is going to make a couple for me with my name on them.

Back