Another New Guy

JayDee70

Gold Membership
Copied and pasted from my profile.

Retired automotive mfr. eng. 2009. Last five years was in a kitchen cabinet plant as a continuous improvement coordinator implementing the toyota JIT production system in cabinet mfr'g. 1st 6 months of retirement I built a 20x32ft hobby shop. I am a jack-of-all-trades so I like to work with multiple varieties of media. From building my own shop, my own computers, to making ink pens and knives to turning wooden bowls and building cabinets. Pretty much any activity interests me. Was an avid cruiser type motor cyclist but got a little old for it(read as wife didn't like me riding)...

Drop me a PM if more info is needed and I will answer as best I can.

Made(assembled) my first and best looking(Beauty) knife back it October and my 2nd(Beast) just this month. Will find the appropriate forum and post a couple pics for those interested in seeing what I consider "Beauty" and the "Beast". I am a member of several woodworking and pen making forums but with this membership and a recent membership in "Bladeforums dot com" it is my first memberships to do with knife making.

Really don't see myself doing anything on the forging side of the craft but I think the use of pre-made blades will give me plenty to do. So checkout my posts for my first two "assemblies".:5: Now off to find the correct forum.

Edit: I should have added that I am located in central Kentucky, a small town named Owingsville. I don't know of any knife makers around here but would be glad to hear from any.

Last edited:
Back