Another Game Dinner Knife

Backtines, beautiful knife and thanks for those instructions. I have seen similar "recipes" but have been a little scared to try due to the possibility of creating dangerous fumes. This link from Duke Univ. makes it seem like there is a possibility of a violent release of chlorine gas if you mix FC and bleach.

https://www.safety.duke.edu/OHS/Documents/Bleach incompatibility information sheet.pdf

Do you have any safety precautions you are taking or do you think that in the amount of FC that is getting added to the bleach it is not a big concern?

Akey, I understand your concern but I personally don't think that the amount of fc mixed with the bleach will cause a problem. I mean I made a bunch of these blades and had no problem . I have a little fan next to my tubes just to keep the air moving.

Akey, I understand your concern but I personally don't think that the amount of fc mixed with the bleach will cause a problem. I mean I made a bunch of these blades and had no problem . I have a little fan next to my tubes just to keep the air moving.

Ok good to know. I wasn't questioning your judgment just wanted to know your thoughts about it. You obviously have it down pat! I think I will give it a go this weekend when I can do it outside.

Ok good to know. I wasn't questioning your judgment just wanted to know your thoughts about it. You obviously have it down pat! I think I will give it a go this weekend when I can do it outside.

No problem Akey.. Yeah , It really isnt that bad.. I guess if you mess around with this system and are doing it next to the door , window and outside , you'll definitely have no worries..

Grab a scrap piece to practice on .. I was mentioning the soak time in bleach to be 10 min or so .. If you soak it less, you're not gonna give the bleach time to work with the FC.. Im always so ancious to pull it out and take a peak , but if you let it sit , you'll get better results..

Give it try , it will just open up another door for you .. Let me know how you make out ..

Back