andrewa

andrewa

Hi i have been in love with knives since a young boy in alaska. a bladesmith there gave me many of his knives he did not want to sell to test as we skinned several thousand animals per year, and several thousand fish per year. now i have started my own knife shop mostly to relax and creat in, and if along the way i somehow offset my equipment costs with some sales so be it..........that being said i have been creating and testing knives out of 5160 to destruction for the last 6 months or so, and of late started to make some for people that had odd requests...........i made a welding slag chipping hammer, a few knives, and a saw. also since people knew i was reasonably handy with leather i have made a few welding rod belt holders of different configurations etc. it wont replace my day job but it keeps me in new steel and leather hehe so i cant complain. the main goal now is a belt grinder.......doing everything by hand is a great learning experience, but since i am an ironworker by trade i have already learned a great many of the hands on lessons it was not that great a transition to make a knife....its funny i was going to start being a person that sewed parachutes so i got my sewing start that way. never thought id be doing knife sheaths but the lessons were similar. anyway thats me nice to meet you all.
andrew

Back