An old semi-newbie from Texas

shovel

Howdy y'all! Just signed up for the forum and wanted to say hello. I'm gonna try my hand at knifemaking again and have been mining this forum for information. A long time ago, I did woodcarving, and made a couple of carving knives. Since then, I have assembled a few filet knives and kitchen blades using pre-made blanks and pakkawood handles. I have some ideas for kitchen knives I want to build and am not satisfied with the made-in-china knives that have found their way into my kitchen these days.
My interest right now is building a belt grinder. In the past, I have used a 6 x48 and a Foredom. I dont have the funds to buy a deluxe machine, so I will start with an economy build and will upgrade as funds are available. I'm sure I will be asking for help as the build progesses.
Lastly, I have to say that I'm impressed. The amount of knowledge and the willingness to share on this forum is astounding! Back in the days before the internet, a lot of the old guys kept their knowledge close and didnt share. The freely exchanged ideas and information is inspiring and refreshing. I will contribute when I can, but otherwise, wont make a lot of noise. Thanks to the adminstrators and posters here. Lots of good stuff!

Back