An introduction and my 4th knife

mrdegs

Hello all!

My name's Matt and I've been lurking around here for a while. I recently jumped into trying to make some folders and I just finished my 4th for a friend of mine. I call it the "Kane" as that is my buddies middle name, and since he gets the first, well, the name fit. It's 1/8" D2 at just about 3.25" long. Ti frames, micarta scale and PB washers. Any comments are welcome!

aqatu9u2.jpg

my4e7y8e.jpg

5y6u5yhy.jpg

re2uhe6u.jpg

I really like that! Looks like you are way further along than #4. I hope to start a folder in the near future.

Thats a really cool knife! Nice and clean. The makers mark isn't in character with the rest of the work in my opinion. If I made that I would have a hard giving it away! Lucky friend.

Thats a really cool knife! Nice and clean. The makers mark isn't in character with the rest of the work in my opinion. If I made that I would have a hard giving it away! Lucky friend.

I totally agree. Only reason I did it is cause the guy its going to is a good friend of mine, and he actually likes the hand scribed look. Future ones won't have that.

and thanks!

Last edited:
I really like it. It sure looks way better than a fourth attempt. I would have had to stick that one in my pocket for a long test trial.
Keep up the good work.

Back