An embarrassment of wealth!

We got new Oreos?!?:D

LOL!!

Must be a coming thing. The rock band at our Roadhouse shuts down at 1730 on Sunday afternoon. The most noise in the joint is the grandkids playing video games. It's getting so civilized that one of the bikers here in Madison is former Governor Tommy Thompson.

"One-Adam-Twelve, send back-up to a biker dust-up at Schenk's Corners. A Harley rider claims he was served 'tuna helper' in his bouillabaisse and he threw his napkin..."

They don't make these guys like they used to.

yep;god help ya if one of these new breed gets regular whip on his Starbuck's mochachino...

In the breakroom at my Harley dealer there is a coffee machine that serves espresso and latte' even with French Vanilla.

Yikes, if you dip your pinkie or wear white leather after Labor Day they'll toss your young butt right out of 'Bridge Nite' at the HOG rally. You'll never bid a short-club in this town again...:eek:

I'm just worried that you felt it necessary to specify 'publicly soil yourself'.

I'm just worried that you felt it necessary to specify 'publicly soil yourself'.

Well, considering this "sneezing incident" happened at a huge gas station next to a Copps food store I think we're all glad about that.

However, at my age the slang is changing. For example, if some guy asks, "Can you ride today" and the response is "Depends," he's actually referring to 'adult hygiene products' not the inability to make a decision.

Eh, you just have to get used to it. In the past when they said "old knucklehead" they meant the bike you were sitting on, not you personally.:D

It rained all day today in the Madison area. Cold, to boot. It's tough to have a new toy and not be able to play with it.

I sulked. Went to the gym. Did some lunch. Fed the mutts. Folded laundry.

Then I figured, hey, it's my bike. I don't need permission to utilize the fun-factor this two-wheeled gizmo has brought to my life. I'm 60, screw people for whatever they're thinking. I told people to screw themselves when I was 20, and it's been a good, rewarding policy.

Grabbed some Windex, a spray bottle of 'Bug Slide' and few clean micro-cloths and I had a fun respite of shining up the little spinner in the solitude of my own garage. The rain poured down, the place was quiet, and I got to spend time with this little jewel all to myself.

And I found out that the footpegs fold completely up and out of the way. No more skinned shins rolling her around. Not that I'm clumsy or anything...

Rain? Pffft, I've got two inches of fresh snow in the yard. Naturally, I put the shovels up in the garage attic about two weeks ago. :rolleyes: Maybe it will kill the grass and I won't have to mow for a while. :cool:

James, for me it's more of the way weather makes me feel. Perhaps I've had to ride to a location far too often sopping wet and chilled from the air. The worst feeling for me--besides an empty refrigerator--is that cold, penetrating wet feeling. That soaked feeling that resists a warm-up without trembling.

(As a younger man I carried no spare clothes or even dry socks for a weekend get-away. If it rained all weekend, I sat in wet clothes for the entire run. Contrary to popular thought, a leather jacket is not warm. I shivered.)

On the other hand, I usually wear an unlined jean jacket for most of the winter unless we have those 40 below zero days.

Note: I'm not sure this little Sportster is an 'all weather' vehicle. If you ever get to examine a '48' you'll find that most of the mechanism(s) are are on the outside of the engine. Besides the wheel and their bearings that would get a high-speed soaking, it seems that every wiring loom, hydraulic line, motor mount and this bizarre 2-foot long Johnson rod that activates the rear brake are all exposed to the elements. Yeah, it's a Sportster, I know it's a bike designed to go two miles to the nearest tavern...

Back