Alibaba or Ali-Express

Gliden07

I've been considering buying a power-hammer from one of these (I know technically their the same company) companies. My question is, has anyone on here ordered a large heavy piece of equipment from either one of them? How did the process go was it smooth any hiccups? I'm sure Ali-Express will be easier but may cost more, but if I can insulate myself from getting screwed I dont mind spending a bit more! Any input is welcome, and this may just be an exercise in futility!

I've ordered $400 to $500 electronic equip in the past and it arrived just fine - shipped FedEx or DHL and fast shipping. But a power hammer? Now that's a big equip. Got a link to the Power hammer on those sites?

Just did a search for "forging power hammer" and didn't turn up anything like was thinking of with power hammer.

I've ordered $400 to $500 electronic equip in the past and it arrived just fine - shipped FedEx or DHL and fast shipping. But a power hammer? Now that's a big equip. Got a link to the Power hammer on those sites?

Just did a search for "forging power hammer" and didn't turn up anything like was thinking of with power hammer.
Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out!
$4,671.93 | 240Volt Single Phase Motor Blacksmith Power Forging Hammer Air Hammer 25KG

Don't know if link will show up or not but I looked up, "Pneumatic Hammer".

My two cents:
  1. You are likely to get ripped off.
  2. China is currently persecuting Muslims, Christians, and any freedom loving people who will not adopt communist ideology and practices. Limiting financial support of the regime is always a good idea.
  3. Obviously neither the history of the machine, nor the quality, would be very good in the long run.

I would want a website name and reassurances of a continuing source of spare parts were I to consider that hammer, or any hammer, for that matter.
As for Chinese, it’s always a crapshoot. Due diligence…

All I can say is RUN! There are so many ways buying that hammer could go wrong.
- Virtually no specifications!
- The description is garbage
- 50 or 60 cycle power? We use 60 cycle, China mostly uses 50 cycle.
- Does it have an air compressor too - impossible to tell how it works?
- And then there's whole quality, service, spare parts, maintenance thing...
.... RUN...unless you've got a spare $10 grand sitting around (that's $5200 for the machine and hopefully only $4800 to fix what don't work)

Just my humble opinion, and I sure could be wrong.

I'll bet it shows up and is a pretty good unit. Looks like it's coming DHL freight and will be here in a couple weeks or so. You'll get a tracking number so you can follow it. Be sure to keep us updated on how well it works. Do you know what dies come with it?

Did you confirm HP/KW of the motor? I expect motor will be 60 hz, but good to confirm. Total weight of hammer? I looked but wasn't able to determine total weight with the quick look I took.

Good luck

Much respect Gliden,
But personally I think it's good to support the US economy right now.
Sound mind i understand and would love to, but I know of no US companies that make a self-contained pneumatic power hammer. I know there are companies that make pneumatic hammers that require separate compressors to run them but my shop is small and I would prefer to have it all contained. If you know of a company that builds a self-contained pneumatic hammer that is US based I would love to get their name. And like I said this may go no where. Just looking at options.

I'd be lying if I told you I didn't have concerns! Motor not to worried about from what I can tell 3HP 240VAC 50HZ or 60HZ should work here, plus easy enough to change, do not know what dies come with it, my biggest concern is does it come a base? I was hoping someone here had bought a relatively large, heavy piece of equipment and could give me their thoughts on it. Guess I'll have to try and get a bunch of my concerns/questions answered before I do anything.

@Gliden07 Did you notice that down in the specs they claim the voltage is 380V vs the 240V in the header? Or am I missing something? Perhaps just the larger hammers need the industrial voltage?

Politics and world economics aside, I'd be sure to read the fine print on any shipping contract. A lot of the larger freight items may still include import duties/taxes and you may end up owing additional fees in the hundreds or even thousands of dollars range. Then there's the matter of delivery after it gets released from the port it arrives in.

Sometimes you can find companies that already have stock in a US warehouse, or work with US distributors/sellers, but they'll usually have a separate webpage from Alibaba/express and the price will be quite a bit higher. Or at least it seems quite a bit higher until you realize that they're including all of the unlisted fees and taxes that the Ali sites conveniently leave out.

On smaller items that are less than a certain price, or don't require a freight company to be involved, this isn't an issue. But for what looks like a very large and heavy power hammer (which I'm having a hard time even finding the specs for), I'd be skeptical if it's only $500 or $600 "to your door".

The largest Item I've ever bought online from China was a guitar. It arrived safe and sound and just as the seller described. I usually buy from shops on DHGate. Usually, I stick to smaller items.

Yes, I know....made in China. At least you'd be dealing with a US dealer who is a known quantity.

Designed and built in the US.

Yes, I know....made in China. At least you'd be dealing with a US dealer who is a known quantity.
Still a Chinese hammer at twice the price but I've been considering them. Blacksmith Supply is in PA and I could drive there to save shipping cost? IDK! Wish I could find one used localish! Apparently that's a pipe dream!

Last edited:

Designed and built in the US.
Their dipping into everything! Good to know!

Back