Alabama Damascus Slipjoint

blancefitz

I went 8 or 10 months without making a knife, but recently got back at it and I just finished this one up today. I debated whether or not I should keep posting in the "New to knife making" section. It is a bit intimidating posting amongst some great folder makers. This is my 9th folder so far (all have been slipjoints). There getting a little better, but when I try to get a scratch out somewhere, I tend to put two more somewhere else. And my aim with a ball pein hammer ain't the greatest, which makes final assembly, a stressful proposition. Thank you Calvin Robinson for taking the time to explain to me how to surface grind the warp out of this blade.
dickersoncombo.jpg

Congratulations!! i like your slipjoint very much, it is very well designed and realized. :35:
I'm also new at this and i'll quote your line: ...which makes final assembly, a stressful proposition... :) Damn, it does!!!!

Stefano

Nice Work.
It seems to be a perfect pocket knife or folding knife which can find place in pocket for everyday carry.

Nice job! Unffortunately our mistakes help us to learn, but it looks your mistakes have paid off. Dan

Back