AK-47/74 Thread

Sadly, this is the last pic I have of my M96 Swede... :( Sold it last year because things got tight 'round here... but that's my number matching SKS and Model 10-5 S&W that both came from my grandfather... :)

2010-05-25%2014.09.51.jpg

Sweet SKS! Mine is no where near as nice as that one.

They are all nice in their own sorta way... When I got this one (after Papaw passed), it has a black synth monte carlo stock that was just plain uncomfortable for me. I had it that way for almost 2 years and my dad find a closet full of stocks that he had forgotten about and the original SKS was in there! I have since added a wood upper hand guard and the worlds tightest reciever cover scope mount. :) It shoots 3" groups at 100yrds on a cold bore.

I love the wood on that WASR you posted first...

I love the wood on that WASR you posted first...

Thanks. It was a fun afternoon project. I did have some serious issues with that particular rifle. The mag catch wasn't welded far enough up inside and it would not strip a round off of the magazine with any reliability.

I took it to the gunsmith and I should have it back tomorrow. It'll look a little different - I'll post a pic.

Dave, I am looking at a Bulgarian AK-74 5.45 right now. Super cheap ammo (even compared to 7.62).

Last edited:
ddb9be09.jpg

5870446d.jpg

The new improved WASR 10. This is the same rifle pictured at the beginning of this thread.

9bb3fb7c.jpg

Last edited:
That is the #1 coolest AK in the world, KTR-08 from Mr Krebs himself! ;) East meets west, both of both worlds.... :)

Just found a new East German barrel for it too. Now to have the receiver built.

I'll have to fill out all of the ATF paperwork for my tax stamp as a short barrel rifle.

Back