Air Filtration.

Guindesigns

what do yall use for your Air filtration sytem or do u. im be in a closed area when i get my shop up so i was just wondering what to use or even were to look for a system to filtration and collet my steel dust. what do yall suggest??

-Young Pup

I have a heating and air cond. system with 400% more filter area than is needed,I run 2" pleated filters in it and change them often. I have an old slow speed 48" shop fan(floor model I made from a discarded attic fan) with air filter media secured over the inlet side to catch dust while its running. I have a dust collection system with 4" inlets at my Bader grinder,vertical disc grinder and surface grinder. I have a central vacume system with inlets piped to my bead blast and sand blast cabinets,horizontal edge grinder, horizontal 9" disc grinder and another 9" vertical disc grinder. I also wear a respirator.
You can get a dust collector at Lowes or Home Depot and the piping and fittings. A shop vac with a way to mount the inlet at your grinding stations will work. You still need to wear a respirator.

I second on you still need a respirator! I have three Vac's with hoses to my different stations and a five ton Central Air with a filter in my store & shop.

You can get a cheap box fan and put angle iron on one side to fit a air filter in. These will clean out a amazing amount of dust for cheap!

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

I wear a Trend Airshield full face mask while grinding, my grinder vacuum is made from a car wash vac that I picked up for 25 dollars. It is a twin motor unit, I retro fitted twin canister filters on it. There is a 30 inch whole house fan with shutters to move air through the shop. I don't believe there is a dirtier place than the knife shop. Oh yes, a huge dust pan with shop broom.

at the LEST use a box fan with a heath a/c filter on intake side & a air mask .get one a a lowes ace ore harber freight cheap ! its safer youll would to breath later

Back