A or B

Kev

A

78BE8E0A-6333-4182-AFCE-FA6DB709A087.jpeg

B

5DC15B13-0090-4F61-A0E0-D8C49CF5697F.jpeg
Both knives are finished, but I can’t decide which to do for the KITH. B is a little bigger, but not by much. Normally I wouldn’t waffle back and forth, but I like them both and want to keep one, haha!!
So I’m going to let the forum decide. Vote A or B and the most votes will be the KITH knife.

Thank you.

It would appear that A, is the overwhelming choice.
Just out of curiosity, and for my own gaining of knowledge. Why? Any insights into the things that make A the majority favorite would help me greatly in the future.
Thanks in advance.
Kev

The granite in A is prettier...No, they are both great knives for me, I am not a fan of lanyard holes. Many people are but just not me. I also like the higher plunge lines on A.

Brutal honesty is the only way we improves our offerings so here is my take on them Kev.
My choice of A was initially because the nose on B looked more than A although that could be a pic thing. The right nose shape effects how we open up the hides on animals whether it be down the legs or the belly and the steeper the angle we have to hold the knife the more risk of having it dig in.
The shaping (handle) lines on A are more crisp than on B where the handle looks to have the defining lines washed over although I prefer the round under belly in the handle on B to the peak on A for for actuall field use.
The one thing about A that seemed a little overdone is the sharpening notch which dominates the visual a littlle more than I think is necessary.

Both knives have very strong positive points. Unlike everyone else, I don't have a strong preference. In fact, I believe either one will appeal to a different customer equally.

If I had to make a choice I'd take A for no other reason that I prefer the finish on the handle.

A:
pros:
The handle finish is fantastic

I prefer the full flat grind you gave it

the choil at the ricasso being squared off looks more refined

cons:
the sharpening notch is a little big. As Gruff says, it draws a little too much attention from the rest of the knife.

B:
pros:
I prefer the handle lines and softness of the sweep in the belly. The lines on A's handle look more dramatic, and would probably be a bigger seller, but on my personal knife I like friendly sweeps versus dramatic lines.

I really like the lanyard slot

cons:
Such beautiful wood deserves to be shown. The finish on A is more to my liking. Again, just personal preference. Many will take the opposite view.

The choil/ricasso would look a lot better squared off.

I prefer a full height flat grind. Flats on a blade have their place, but they should be striking if they are there. In other words, flats need to look like a design element and not just that the bevel ended before it got there. The grind on your blade is perfectly fine. There's nothing wrong with it. Again, just personal opinion. As they are, they don't detract from the knife at all. To be honest, I don't have much use for flats on a knife. Any knife. It seems to me like if you have room for flats you could have brought the bevels higher and improved cutting performance. But that's just my own philosophy on knives in general. Flats are there to give the blade strength via thickness. I don't generally need my knife to be stronger, I want it to cut as well as possible.

Put a pic up of both knives, side by side, both angled the same way. Natural afternoon cloud cover light or full shade if its sunny.

I'd be happy to offer my thoughts on both if I could see them at the same time, angled the same way, in the same light on the same background.

A...main reason is I like the profile better...especially the handle area. B is a bit 'soft" around the details while A is more distinct. B prolly feels better but A looks crisper and I like that. I like the more pronounced 'stop" of A down near the ricasso.

The angle that B is shot at may be giving the blade profile an unfair disadvantage...but I like A better if the pic of B is accurate.

I wouldn't gripe if I got either one of those...LOL!

Back