A new Texan

M

mayanshooter

Hello everyone! I been a lurker, decided to join. I'm a life long hunter/shooter and native Texan. Got my first pocketknife when I was 9yrs old. I feel naked w/o a knife..haha Just ordered my first custom, its going to be a Damascus folder. I'm about to retire, I'm going to start reading, learning, and learning and hopefully work my way into making a few knives, or just making a bunch of steel dust. I'm still in my 40's and need something to do. I've always wanted to create, shape, and put some of my ideas in the form of steel. I finally get to do something I love. There's a ton of info on here, I already have absorbed a bunch, and I have a looong way to go. The knife community seems like a great group of people. I look forward to chatting w/you. Wish me luck! Scott

RodneyJ, I'm in Lewisville. North of Dallas/South of Denton. A hop, skip, and a jump from Lake Lewisville. Been in/around Dallas all of my 40+ years.

Pieter, South Africa? I would love to visit your Country. And head a little north for some Big game hunting. One of my life long dreams to hunt the Big 5. Grew up on Jack O'Conner hunts/stories. Have you hunted the African Continent?

I just meet a guy, and visited his home in my area. He has the most impressive collection of mounts in his home from his 17 times hunting in Africa.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pieter, South Africa? I would love to visit your Country. And head a little north for some Big game hunting. One of my life long dreams to hunt the Big 5. Grew up on Jack O'Conner hunts/stories. Have you hunted the African Continent?

I just meet a guy, and visited his home in my area. He has the most impressive collection of mounts in his home from his 17 times hunting in Africa.

Most of my huntig are done in Southern Africa, nothing north of Zimbabwe and Namibia, but then again I do not have to go outside of South Africa to hunt the big 5. Have shot 2 of them already. I am more a meat hunter than a trofee hunter but I do have some mounts of good representatives of some species. I do think we are incredibly lucky in South Africa with our species available for huntig.

Back