A new grinder I built.

Ricky Finch

Hi

I saw were someone had built a WIP 2x48 Horizontal grinder. After looking at his pictures I notice that I had a lot of the needed materials, so I built me one. I have a Burr King with a lot of extras. So I used the 8" Idler wheel and the small wheel attachment with 1" wheel. I also have fixed it were if I need the 8" for the grinder, the 6" idler wheel work in it's place.
I started out using a old desk top to drill and get my holes were everything would work. So on a trip to the big city, I stop by the Metal Supermarket to find some extra metal for my use. I ended up using a 1/4" steel plate to mount everything to. I bought the 4" drive wheel from Rob at Beaumont. I used most of what I had to make the Idler assembly on my mini mill. Thanks for looking.

DSCF5678.jpg

very cool. Interesting idea. So what types of grinding work well on a horizontal rig like that? Thanks

The idler wheel is a 8" that came with my Burr King grinder w/8" contact wheel, that I bought several years ago, I later upgraded to the 10" contact wheel and 6'' idler wheel. The 1" wheel is also from the Burr King attachment. I haven't use the 8'' idler wheel in a long time, so that's the reason I used it, but I also can use the 6" idler wheel if needed.

Back