A M1911 & Bowie Rig.........

ChuckBurrows

This one is from a couple of years ago but this style of M1911 rig is becoming more popular so..........
The Bowie is by the late Gib Guignard and is a fancier version of the knife carried by the owner on his second tour of Afghanistan. The owner is from Pennsylvania and wanted an early 1900' style rig but did not want a standard carving pattern so I adapted the double C scroll carvings used on Penna Rifles. enough yack yack.........

cr-21-tighe-rig-004.jpg

cr-21-tighe-rig-003.jpg

cr-21-tighe-rig-002.jpg

cr-21-tighe-rig-001.jpg

cr-21-tighe-rig-005.jpg

cr-21-tighe-rig-006.jpg

The M1911 in the first pics is mine - the rig was made for this custom Colt........
cr-21-tighe-m1911.jpg

That is nigh onto perfect, Chuck. The scroll work is terrific and as usual, so is Mr. Guignard's knife. I believe I would try my best not to upset a man wearing that rig.

Mr. Burrows, that is spectacular, can't stop looking at the details, especially how the guard and buttcap are filed to match that beautiful antler and the leather is a work of art. Speaking of art, the M1911 is another one , an interesting story, skepticism was very high about the blow backs as the Military thought they could not be as dependable as revolvers, so the story goes that in April 1911 Mr. John Moses Browning himself shot it over 5000 rounds in one day without a jam and then in May the Military adopted it as it's new sidearm. True or not, makes a good story. Always an enjoyment to look at your work Sir..............Randy

Thanks All!
This was one of those special out of the box pieces for a special person that took a lot of thinking to get "right"...........

Back