A hunter I recently finished

Motor City Mike

I dashed this one off in a scant 3 1/2 months...lol.

I wish I had more time in the shop and I wish I could work faster.

Not sure who I'll give this to. The handle is a bit small so maybe I'll give it to my niece, she's 4'10"

S35vn full tang
Mircarta handles
Red liners

Thanks for looking

YpTzE1Gl.jpg

sy5AArCl.jpg

GiJ9JUsl.jpg

HGMMhZFl.jpg

Last edited:
My first thought after admiring the profile and seeing the plan view of the handle was the flair out at the ricasso area. Like a lot of knife users here (in NZ) we find that a lot of knife work on animals is not straight down cutting where a determined grip is needed, which your knife handle would facilitate very nicely, but often a slicing action where the knife is held almost horizontal to the ground and the thumb and curled forefinger are held on the front edge of the handle so the central handle palm swell gradually curves down to a slimmed handle front.

Thank you everyone for the kind words.

My first thought after admiring the profile and seeing the plan view of the handle was the flair out at the ricasso area. Like a lot of knife users here (in NZ) we find that a lot of knife work on animals is not straight down cutting where a determined grip is needed, which your knife handle would facilitate very nicely, but often a slicing action where the knife is held almost horizontal to the ground and the thumb and curled forefinger are held on the front edge of the handle so the central handle palm swell gradually curves down to a slimmed handle front.

Thanks for the input. I'll keep it in mind.

To tell the truth, I've never hunted. Ever. I'm a city boy through and through having been born and raised in Detroit.

I made this knife because it seemed like a good one to try.

Back