A Good Evenings Work

Diamond G Knives

Had a spare hour or 2 tonight and a new batch of steel from Aldo, so tonight was profile night!

Did a batch of Paring knives, 3 larger Chefs, One I don't know if I like yet or not (opinions please!) And had a small piece left over so it became Neckers.

All comments and critiques are welcome!

Batch of Paring Knives.jpg

3 Chefs.jpg

Neckers.jpg

God Bless
Mike

Laurence
Understand your concerns, but haven't seen an issue with these yet. Its been one of my more popular designs with the pro kitchen folks. Could be that a lot of paring chores arn't done on the board with a draw stroke? I do see where a draw cut would be a problem with the knuckle clearance. Thanks for the input!

God Bless
Mike

Good job! Wish I had some time to do that. I havent been in the shop for a while due to work and family issues. Your making me envious.

Laurence
Understand your concerns, but haven't seen an issue with these yet. Its been one of my more popular designs with the pro kitchen folks. Could be that a lot of paring chores arn't done on the board with a draw stroke? I do see where a draw cut would be a problem with the knuckle clearance. Thanks for the input!

God Bless
Mike

Mike,

A lot of home cook folks work on the edge of the board,Like me!

Most pro Chef's want to be able to work anywhere including the middle of the board. If you are working the parer or the edge of the board or towards you in hand? You wouldn't have any problems.

That's what goes were I live on the West Coast.

Have you done any more on that third Chef blade? I like that pattern. I have one similar.

Yours is different and interesting! Kinda like a older French Chef Knife with the spear point blade design.

Please post that one when you have it finished.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com/

Laurence

I havnt had a chance to get back to the shop, work keeps getting in the way!
Im also waiting on my 9" disc grinder. The one I had before my shop was robbed proved to be sucjh a help on doing large flats that I had decided to wait. The design is similar to one I had seen previously. I feels fairly ergonomic and has a nice sweet spot about 3 1/2" from the tip. WIll post when I get it finished. This is the first batch Ive done in O-1 Im hoping for good things!

On the parer, I have had good luck with sales, but Im guessing they are using it more as a "apple peeler" type more than anything. The smaller Sabatier style blade is running a close 2nd. (actually my personal favorite)

Just cut up 4Lbs of fresh strawberries using the small parer, and dont reccomend cutting twords your thumb!

God Bless
Mike

Back