A couple of 3-v choppers

Joel Brazzoni

A couple of prototype choppers I Just finished. ( some busse influence in the handle styling)
specs.
.227" thick
59rc with a cryo in liq. nitrogin
g-10 handles
hollow ground on 14" wheel

Things I will change on the next ones:
thicker handle scales will go to 3/8"
flat grind
run handle scales down the pinkie hook/rear lanyard hole area to keep it from biting into your pinkie
go to a little heaver stock size 5/16"? I find them to light for chopping

Your thoughts on the design would be appreciated.

thanks for looking

Very nice.
If you eliminate the fullers, it would help with the weight and maybe you wouldn't need to go to heavier stock.

Thanks for the comments guys , I have a chunk of cpm 4v at .300" that needs to be used up, next two I do will be out of that I'll do one with no fuller and one with and see how the chopping performance is.

Looks great! Definitely reminds me of a Busse, except one I'd actually want.

Did you machine, file, or forge in the fuller if you don't mind me asking?

Overall they look good, for me that the fuller on the green beast is just a bit to long, I would shorten it about one third which would leave a tad more weight in the nose and perhaps chop a bit better.

Its my understanding that Busse has a patent on that hole at the choil and has gone after a few for doing it?

Just saying! i'am sure you don't want any trouble.

Well, they look good, that's for sure. I personally think the fuller is eye candy on a chopper. I'm curious how the thicker material will perform. I think removing the fuller and the added thickness will make a difference, but I'm not sure how much.

Well, they look good, that's for sure. I personally think the fuller is eye candy on a chopper. I'm curious how the thicker material will perform. I think removing the fuller and the added thickness will make a difference, but I'm not sure how much.

It will be fun to test them both and see what a good flogging will bring about in design flaws. I'm having a hard time building a good performing chopper, it's alot harder then building a small knife.

Overall they look good, for me that the fuller on the green beast is just a bit to long, I would shorten it about one third which would leave a tad more weight in the nose and perhaps chop a bit better.

Its my understanding that Busse has a patent on that hole at the choil and has gone after a few for doing it?

Just saying! i'am sure you don't want any trouble.

Thanks for the advise on the green one, something was bugging me about that one and I think you nailed it. I'm also going to grind off those little notches on the pommel area.

Glad to be of some help. Look up the Golden Ratio on google. I found I was doing some of these things before I new what it was? Its all over the place in nature's plants and animals.

Back