5.5" Fighter in CPM 154CM and Charcoal Ruby laminate

Frank Hunter

This is another recent one - it's big, 11" or so overall, with a 3/16" thick 5.5" cutting edge CPM 154CM blade, mitered stainless bolsters, and a finger-grooved two tone laminate grip. I built my typical heavy duty 10/12 oz. horizontal sheath for it and am quite pleased with the balance and feel in the hand. Let me know what you think, thanks!

IMG_4938_zps4a953023.jpg

IMG_4939_zpsa835e413.jpg

IMG_4945_zpsf8b4ef82.jpg

IMG_4949_zps1721af6e.jpg

That looks like a real heavy duty piece of work ready for anything. The fit and finish is beautiful . It looks like everything is nice and right no gaps.. Very nice job!

Thanks, everyone! As for the fit, having a surface grinder for the blades really is a great benefit - I also clamp down the 304 as it's not magnetic and surface the mating side of it as well, to a 220 grit finish. 416 is gravy as you can just slap it down on the magnetic chuck and go with it. I'm also able to perform that operation by holding the oversized bolsters prior to fitting them up against either the platen on my 2x72" with a fresh 220 belt, or using the 9" disk. The laminate is also a peach to work with as it's very stable and dimensionally consistent. The only trick is making sure the scales are butted right up to the miter of the bolsters.

Frank,
That knife looks all business especially with the Manly sheath! I love working that CPM-154 steel

Back