2x42 sears grinder

Wannabe1

I've heard sears makes a 2x42 belt grinder. I can't find one for sale, new or used, anyone know if they're still available?

You are correct...oops. Late night...

I did find a 2x42 from Grainger. But after being more careful this time, so far I haven't found A Sears 2x42 either.

Thanks for all the help. I checked out McMasters & grizzly. I'm trying to find something to replace my HF 1x30 until I can come up with funds for a 2x72. I'm just a hobbyist trying to improve.

For what it's worth. When I first started off I purchased a 1x30 and tried it for a few blades, but then dipped into the funds to get the 2x72. In retrospect I should have foregone the 1x30 and put that money into files, 1/2/3 blocks or other bench tools. I'd hold out for the 2x72. But that's just my opinion. Good luck and looking forward to seeing your work.

From what I remember, they stopped making the Sears 2x42 a while ago. You can still find them used, but I would agree with the above advice and save up for a 2x72

in line with what Opaul is suggesting...I'd probably build something like this and save for a 2x72....you can make a lot of clean knives this way...(use two clamps on the blade any time you can so you don't create a pivot point)

I've heard sears makes a 2x42 belt grinder. I can't find one for sale, new or used, anyone know if they're still available?

Have you made any knives as of yet?? If not IMO the file guide and files is the way to go. Cheap and you can figure out if you want to continue? Not to mention you will need the files anyway! If you've made a few knives and are hooked (as I was) then the 2x72 is the way to go. I bought a 1x30 HF be lt grinder like many and you can make quality knives with them. For the money there tuff to beat but for this hobby they have a lot of short comings. Low torque easy to bog down and high RPMs. Tuff to choose and justify the cost of the 2x72! There is a saying around here though "Buy once Cry once!".

Back