2nd annual KD July KITH

Sean Cochran

Ok its that time again and there seems to be alot of interest in doing another KITH. I know I really enjoyed it last year.

We will shoot for a date on the middle of July.

We will keep the rules the same as last year.
1. The KITH is open to everyone. Last year some new makers turned out some great looking knives, so dont be afraid to enter.
2. On July 1st I will start a new finished knife thread to post a pic of your finished entry. We will draw from these names and match them up. I think the way Del did it last year worked well, have an impartial party draw names and put them on the list in the order they are drawn.

Other than that I think we are ready to get this thing started. Ive gone through the other thread and gotten the names of guys who posted in it to start the list with. Ill check this thread from time to time to update the list, then we will finilize it on July 1.

Remember all members are encouraged to join in! Lets make this bigger than last year.

I know it may be asked, a KITH (Knife In The Hat) goes back to the days when a bunch of guys would get together to brag about thier knives, they would throw all the knives in a hat and draw them out.

KITH makers list
Sean Cochran
Mark Redmon
James Terrio
Archer Moon
SBuzek
BRad704
Gahagan
Patrick
Dan Pierson
JDW
VaughnT
Jaysmith10
Driften
Keith Willis
Bennie Lovejoy
Darrin Sanders
Ernie Swanson
Eric Poris
Doug Lester
Pieter
Mike Jones
VaughnT
clancy
tedinatl
amcardon
scott mack
Rustyboy
rasret01
Travis Fry
AWStovall
Carey Quinn
Del Ealy
Roger
Tod Lowe
Randy Haas
Dwane Oliver
Medtech
ta2edfreak
franklin

Last edited:
I better get in on this, I opted out last year but I am ready now.
I know there has to be a couple people out there that want an Ernie Swanson Original :)

My name is on the list. Just confirming I will be there. Started putting my forge together tonite! I will be ready by then.

So we have until July to get a knife made? I just might have enough time!

No theme? Handle material? Blade shape? Just run what ya brung?

Definitely cool with that. Count me in.

July works great. It will give me plenty of time to figure out if I'm gonna make another fixed blade or go with a folder.

My birthday is 7/4, so this is going to make the first week of July an awesome time for me... :D

My name is on the list, just confirming that I am in, and looking forward to it. Already thinking about what to make.
Thanks Sean for doing this.

Sean, Thanks for getting this all set up! Do you want us to send you our contact info, or are we just going to sort that out amongst ourselves after the drawing?

Sean, Thanks for getting this all set up! Do you want us to send you our contact info, or are we just going to sort that out amongst ourselves after the drawing?

When I post the finished thread Ill get everyone's info and distribute it.
Im excited, Ive already got a bit of damascus picked out, hope you guys dont mind if I break it in the middle.:)

Back