$250 in knife supplies for ten week Knife Photo Contest - Improve your Knife Photo's

3d41f9ed-5b01-40ef-a8ba-6f27d0399287_zps0edbe27e.jpg

Last edited:
This photo is my usual type. Wait for a cloudy day and hope for the best. As you can see I'm not a photographer but understand completely that good photos show the makers expertise or flaws. Generally I can't afford to spend the money for every knife for professional photos. If I have an especially nice knife of a model that would pay me to have a pro shot taken I will invest the money.

This contest will do us all good because I think we all could learn to take decent photos afterwards.

Thank you for the quick reply.
I'll see if I can whip up an entry after the festivities.

Again, thank you for the contest :)

I use an Olympus 'point and shoot' digital as have not gone full DSLR yet but someday when I get a web site and have time to increase sales and really refine the photo aspect. Have learned a lot looking at pics in this forum but making it work in pics I take is another thing. I still struggle with all parts of it but enjoy it as one of the side benefits of knifemaking.
Basically ALL of my mirror finish knife pictures have reflections and would not win anything so here is a pic of an etched knife that is not a bad pic.

Haha. Thanks, T! I take so many Pictures weekly I wish I got paid for it. All I need is a "real camera"
I use a Canon point n shoot and a Light box

IMG_0874.jpg
Hi Everyone, I decided to register after reading the news letter. I would like to share this picture of the oyster knife that i recently made. I made it with my Canon EOS 500D. I used a tripod and a long exposure time for the photo. Both shot in JPEG and RAW, the JPEG was really nice i think. The photo is made inside the workshop with autumn sun. My workbench is made from the old shipdecks of our oyster boat and the green paint gives a nice contrast with the paduk wood.
http://youtu.be/f0NbkLhKgN4 for more information. Thank you for watching! Kind regards from the Netherlands

Attachments

• Oyster knife 1000x.jpg
    Oyster knife 1000x.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Here is one of my favorites that I have taken of the second knife I made. I just love the amboyna burl.

Attachments

• Lockback folder 049.jpg
    Lockback folder 049.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Hello my name is Jeff Haze.
I wanted to share a shot of a knife I made.
Taken with a Canon Elph in a make ready light box.
Here are the details.
Thanks for looking.
80CRV2 Steel.
.180 thick.
Scandi Grind.
3.250 inch blade.
1.250 blade height.
7 inches overall.
58-59 RC.
Black Acid Finish.
Black micarta scales that can be removed.
Chain ring bolts.

Number 44-5.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Tracy,

This is a great idea and a great way to promote enhancing ones knife photography techniques. I look forward to learning from everyone, and will hopefully be participating starting in week 5. I need to have my shots critiqued!

Trenton

Sorry, I do not know exactly where to post.
I post my first pic here; you can always to move it, correct?
Best regards from Venice! :)

2qjalo3.jpg

Back