2013 St. Jude Childrens Hospital Sub Hilt WIP

I just found this WIP today - GREAT work. I've learned a good bit with this WIP. Thanks for taking the time to provide us with the WIP.

Ken H>

It looks like you mastered those bevels. Congrats.
The knife is gorgeous. Well done. Very enjoyable WIP too. Somebody is going to be very happy with this one.

Ok, sorry for the delay. I've had about ten hours sleep total since thursday night..My newest little girl was born at 3pm sharp Friday 8/9.

Here it is!

2013one_zps826f085a.jpg

2013two_zps0cbebf3e.jpg

Remember, Rowe's Leather out of Hope, AR. These folks deserve a lot of credit. They stepped up to the plate and did this sheath for me. Stop by their site and check out their stuff. This sheath is as good as I've seen. They did some excellent work right here.

http://www.rowesleather.com/ They also have a facebook. Check them out.

2013four_zpse6726969.jpg

I usually do one of the neat collage pictures, but the software to do that with is on my pc at work. I have ten days off right now with the baby being born..not going back until I have to :lol:

These pics should be good enough. I'll do a collage picture later and add it. The knife goes up for auction tomorrow :)

Also, a big thanks to Randy Haas again. Because of the materials he provided, this turned out to be one of the nicest knives I have done.

Very good WIP nice grind and your machining skills show up every where, something to be very proud of, should do well for the cause. Deane

Auction ended last night for $3100. All proceeds to St. Jude Children's hospital :)

Thanks again to everyone here that helped out!

Congratulations on the new little girl and a knife well made. Looks great and 3100 is a lot of cash in my books.

Also, a big thanks to Randy Haas again. Because of the materials he provided, this turned out to be one of the nicest knives I have done.

Thanks for the awesome WIP and you really outdid yourself on this knife. It turned out great.

God Bless!
Randy

Back