1500 Posts Giveaway!!!

I actually view that as a good thing, it increases my odds of winning 2thumbs:rolleyes:

Now for the funny.

I called my wife the other day thinking that she would have to bring my spare keys to me because I locked them in my center console (think wrangler with no doors). I was on the phone about to tell her when I see them hanging from the ignition :eek:

I was in Home Depot for about 20 min. Thankfully no one wanted to steal it.

I've been meaning for years to make,and market a line of belt-buckles that hold a spare key in the back...
maybe I should get on it?;)

I am the joker at work. Gold fish in the water cooler… 10,000 post-it notes in the boss’s office…. Whistle in the tail pipe… Remote control fart machine…. GUILTY

Back about 5-6 years ago,when I was still able,I would get together
with friends,for a fishing trip.These were not the relaxing fishing trips,
and if any of you have ever set and run trot lines you know what I mean.
We were fishing in the''Mighty Mississippi'' over at Port Gibson.Some of
you may have heard of Grand Gulf Nuclear Power Plant.....we were fishing
due East of the Power Plant.
We were getting ready to go run our lines,when a rain & lighting storm came up.:eek:
When it finally blew over,it was almost dark,the guy's wanted to go check the lines,huh1
but when we got ready to go one of the boats would not run,it had gotten some
water in the tank on the previous trip,and he had not gotten it all out:(.We were down
to one boat.Some of the guy's went to run there lines,and we were going to make
the second run and check ours:unsure:.We had our lines tied up on the louisiana side of the river,
which was a mile across,it's dark,and I will say,ain't no man with any kinda brain should be on the Mississippi after dark,in 14 ft.flat bottom alum.boat:D.We are trying to watch for barges,and find our line,and we run up on a sand bar.The motor dies,and I jump out,and push us off,we try to restart the motor and it won't start,so here we are floating down the river dead in the water.We see the lights of a barge coming up river and one coming down river:eek:,and I'm not afraid to tell it,I was scared.There are 3 of us in this boat,and we start to paddle.My paddle hits sand so I immediately jump out,in hopes of pulling us up on the bar.When I jump out,my feet hit the edge of the sand bar,and I go straight under the boat,as I jumped out I had hold of the rope on the front of the boat
and was able to pull myself up to the boat.By then we were able to get close enough that my feet would touch bottom,and pulled it up.I was soaked and cold.........
I guess I could write a short book with what is left of this story,but I will save you all the pain.........We would sit on that sand bar until 2 O'clock that morning,before the others could get us some help.At daylight,we packed up our camp,picked up our lines,and went home.:running dog:
Sorry for making it so long.

God bless,Keith

iran-eng_17b75dcd35733148d682e2850a.gif

you sir,are a brave,brave man!

(...um,she's not reading this over yer shoulder is she?:eek: )
:D

We pick at each other like this. She has another habit of trying out the free samples of whatever at Wal-Mart. I know that she does not like spicy stuff and I saw the were giving out little samples of Pepper jack Cheese. She said she never had it before but did not ask me if it was hot. cool 1 I told her to go try it. She did and she swore to get me back for that.

Stuff like this keeps our relationship fun.

I was trying to get a section of hose off of a good sized wet-vac. The sucker was stuck so I put the lower section between my knees and pulled like my life depended on it. If you've ever noticed, very few black eyes are perfectly round. Mine, however, was. Rounder than any hole I've ever drilled.

In for the last time the final day!

I was helping my dad split some firewood with his splitter this morning. We had the splitter vertical to split some huge pieces on the ground. One got stuck and my brother started trying to hit it off with a sledge hammer. He worked both sides for a few min and gave up due to exhaustion. I pick up the hammer and one WHACK! and it pops right off. The look on my brothers face was priceless!

I was trying to get a section of hose off of a good sized wet-vac. The sucker was stuck so I put the lower section between my knees and pulled like my life depended on it. If you've ever noticed, very few black eyes are perfectly round. Mine, however, was. Rounder than any hole I've ever drilled.

Denton,thank you in advance for the next few hours of spontaneous chuckles and grins as I visualize that!:D
6a00d8341c55bb53ef010535cbd976970b-.jpg

And Longshot,bless ya brother for the laughter and fun you share with your Fairer Half!
It's unions like yours that last when so many others fall to boredom,stagnation,and ruin.2thumbs

And The winner is........................................................................................................................................................

Post #112thumbs

Denton Eller:eek:

Congrats buddy, can you pm me your mailing info please!!!:cool:

LOL!
Congrats Denton!
I bet that's the first time in your life you were happy to get a black eye,
huh? It won you some swag!
the-wing_8c3b0f9cb74ebe88d4ef3b1c4c.gif
:D

Last edited:
Thank you very much, Ernie, for doing this. And thanks guys for the congrats. Ironwolf, all of my friends (?) got a bunch of chuckles out of the perfect black eye, too. I have to admit, it was a beauty.

Back