11 1/2" Italian Job Chef knife

rhinoknives

Hello Dog's & Dogette's!

Here is a newer model of mine that is patterned after the Chef Knives in the Northern Mediterranean Sea.

It sports a 11 1/2" Distal tapered 440C Blade with a 6" handle for counter balance and a Cal, Sycamore handle from Mark, It's a Burl. and a increasing micro-bevel from tip to heel.

The butterfly pattern of holes is for increased purchase when using a pinch grip.

I have a baby brother to this in a 8 1/2 Blade version.

Questions & Comments are always welcome.

2ItalianJobChefCalSycamorehandle_zps37cfaae5.jpg

2ItalianJobChefCalSycamorehandle_zpsb9cc4d97.jpg

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Last edited:
Nice looking knife Laurance. The handle shape is definitely different. I really like your rhino pin! I'm not sure how I feel about the wood to be honest. Maybe if I saw it in person it would be more appealing, but on such a wonderful knife, it deserves more "pop".
Dont get me wrong....I like it.

Eric,
Thanks for the kind words about the Chef knife. These two sized models round out my current line up of Culinary knives at 10 patterns of Asian & Americana/Euro with a few variations of 50/50 70/30 & Chisel grind bevels.

I just started using photobucket with my ipad and am far from a master on editing etc, This stabilized Cal Sycamore wood has this great reptilian look to it that I am sure would be a challenge for all but the best knife photographer.

Rich brown,black,yellow and red tones along with a deep iridescent shine. That Cal Sycamore is a personal favorite of mine. I have several orders for these in both sizes, with cal Buckeye, Black Palm & Red Flame Box elder renditions up next. I am sure you will see one that will hit your hot button.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Thanks Ausbrooks,
Glad you like it!
the Butterfly pattern of holes is for pinch grip and
the handle is shaped to facilitate several hand holds comfortably. This one got delivered to it's owner's today.
They are very happy!

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Back