1084???

bushcraftbasics

is it just me or is 1084 steel impossible to find? what im looking for is 3/16 x 2 x as long as i can get...any ideas?

thanks guys

Aldo "NJ Steel Baron" is where I get my steel. However he may have other things on his mind with "Sandy" trashing the East coast

Aldo is going to be you best choice. I spent a few months looking for a source and Aldo's is by far the only one that worth while (no offence to anyone who has some, I may not have been aware of you at the time). How much are you looking for? I'm sure that if Aldo can't help you due to storm related issues, we may be able you a hand.

You could also try Alpha Knife Supply but the last time I looked there they only had their 1080+ which has a touch of vanadium added to the mix.

Doug

Aldo is going to be you best choice. I spent a few months looking for a source and Aldo's is by far the only one that worth while (no offence to anyone who has some, I may not have been aware of you at the time). How much are you looking for? I'm sure that if Aldo can't help you due to storm related issues, we may be able you a hand.

well, i am new here and to the art, i have just ground my second knife and heat treated my first...being a new student i understand that 1084 is one of the best steels for beginners and i personally believe the two i am working on have come along splendidly, so i would like some more (yes, im addicted!)...i have a thing for bushcraft (as im sure you guessed) and am kind of "chasing" that perfect bushcraft knife design...what i am after is something like 3/16 x 2 x ?

whatcha guys think?

Aldo all the way !

Their shop is fine after the storm but they do not currently have electricity. Their cell phone service is also spotty at best I understand but they'll be cutting and shipping steel again as soon as electricity returns.

-Josh

Back