Your Favorite Bandsaw Blade

Matt,
I don't have much to go on as I chucked the blade that came on my harbor freight portaband and right when I bought it this promotion was going on so I got a free one from Morse I think it is the 811 which has been pretty good I think. I have cut metal, g10, micarta and wood with it. Here is the link incase it still works.
http://www.mkmorse.com/811.html

I like the wavy edge bi metal Starrett's. I buy them from a guy on EBay that sells 10 of them for $49.00 and free shipping.
He has them in 18 tpi or 24 tpi and you can mix sizes to get your ten blades.
Looked on Ebay, the seller is RICKLOW. The listing tittle is; 10 cobalt bandsaw blades portaband matrix M42 edge.
They are Starrett and for $4.90 each that's a deal!

Last edited:
Matt,
Starrrett, Morse and Lennox are the three USA made blades you want to chose from.. You want Bimetal, I run them slower and I keep an old candle or piece of canning Parafin wax to dress the blade some just to keep it cool. i think it helps cut down on chatter. Also when you put on a new blade. Don't go full pressure on it on your first cuts There is a little bit of a break in time and you will get more life out of the blade that way.

I ordered a couple of starretts to try before I order a bunch. I'll report back.

Laurence, thanks for reminding am about the wax and break in time. I always forget

Lennox blades have always been great. I have never needed to look past them for a solid, reliable blade that does the job well :)

Back