WTB Nielsen Disks

Mudman

Hey Guys,

I'm looking for one modified flat disk, and one beveled disk for the Neilsen disk hub.
If anyone has any extras they are willing to part with, please let me know.

Thanks!

I was hoping to see if anyone had any use, save a little money. He wants $30 to ship two disks.

I went through Wayne he didn't have any in stock, and hasn't for a while. In either case, I ordered my disks.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I have two disk grinders, and both use Rod's disk system......it's one of those things that once you use them, you won't know how you did without them! I used to waste tons of paper, because I would need another grit, but now I have "several" of Rod's face plates, and just pop one off, and another on when I need to change grits. The 1 degree bevel means you can grind those longer blades too!

I know Rod moved a while back, and not sure if he's got things set back up for production yet. That might explain why Wayne is out of them.

I have two disk grinders, and both use Rod's disk system......it's one of those things that once you use them, you won't know how you did without them! I used to waste tons of paper, because I would need another grit, but now I have "several" of Rod's face plates, and just pop one off, and another on when I need to change grits. The 1 degree bevel means you can grind those longer blades too!

I know Rod moved a while back, and not sure if he's got things set back up for production yet. That might explain why Wayne is out of them.

A bit off topic but they run truer than the KMG ones? The two that I have from KMG wobble pretty darn noticeably that I've had to develop a technique and rhythm to use them; mind you, I had been using a 20" disc grinder that had virtually 0 play. :D

Running "true" is more about the way the disc attachement is mounted to the motor shaft then anything. (unless the bore on the attachement is "out"....and I can't image that would ever be the case with something Rob Frink made) Wobble is usually a sign that the "key" is worn/warped (the little square keystock that fits in the motor shaft and the attachment). I've had issues a couple of times with slight wobble.....finally figured out that I was tightening the set screw(s) too much....and mushrooming/warping the keystock. After replacing the keystock, and giving the setscrew a bit of blue locktite....and not "reefing" on it....the wobble cleared right up.

Back