Wip ?

Discussion in 'Bruce Bump Knives' started by SHostetler, Apr 20, 2017.

1. SHostetler

SHostetler Well-Known Member

Hey Bruce,
    I've really enjoyed your WIP's in the past and learned a lot from them. Isn't it about time for a new one? Please......

Steve Hostetler

McClellan Made Blades likes this.
  2. Bruce Bump

Bruce Bump Forum Owner-Moderator

Hi Steve,
    Thanks,
    I just kinda got out of the WIP habit. I'm still making knives and gun/knives as before but now I go on Facebook and read all the troubles of our great nation that isn't so great after all. It unbelievable how much turmoil is going on with the Presidential election and now afterwards. I'm a Trump supporter and have gotten consumed by the world situation. Its very messed up right now. I have no answers except "why can't people just get along"?

3. Smallshop

Smallshop KNIFE MAKER

I've backed WAY off of FaceBook for that very reason....and the news. A small dose can keep you informed.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

FAcebook? I didn't know there was any "real" news there - just rumors and innuendo. I don't do facebook.

5. DeMo

DeMo KNIFE MAKER

"It unbelievable how much turmoil is going on with the Presidential election and now afterwards. I'm a Trump supporter and have gotten consumed by the world situation. Its very messed up right now. I have no answers except "why can't people just get along"?

Bruce - I feel the exact same way. Except, on a much bigger scale than just the "presidential election". A message to the world..."If you do not know what to say, say something kind!"

DeMo

6. WY_Not

WY_Not Well-Known Member

Ok. Here's something kind...

Bruce, Ordered one of your file guides last month and the thing is beautiful. Will serve me well for many, many years.

Joseph

7. Smallshop

Smallshop KNIFE MAKER

Thumper had it right...

b6f53d6c4920f74d5c2ecb749ccfec6e.jpg

8. McClellan Made Blades

McClellan Made Blades Well-Known Member

Bruce, I agree wholeheartedly! Exactly how awful the world has turned, it's primarily due to how people ACT! How so many put themselves first before others that are nothing more than STRANGER'S around them that could be walking a road that's 1000 times harder than the road we are on! I think about that every time I'm up late and see that awful, Catheter commercial, that's when I realized that the road I'm on,
    while it's pretty bad, COULD BE WORSE MUCH WORSE!!!

But, I think one small act has the ability to make a difference, like say, paying someone else's toll, letting someone change lanes while driving down the Interstate, while most every time I
    attempt to do the same, 90% of the time I have someone speed up, just so that I can't change lanes! Irritating sure, but at this stage in my life, I have bigger problems than not being able to change lanes at the time, I feel it necessary.
    So with that in mind, I would HAVE TO; 2nd that! Which at this point, I'd have to 15th it, by now, I didn't check to see how many have seen this thread!!! I know how
    much work it takes to make YOUR WIP's happen! Because you are such a detailed Maker, your WIP's must be as well! Honestly, I wouldn't care if it was a plain ole' fixed blade!
    ( meaning not your normal, off the chain, fully mind-blown, ubber incredible fixed blades!)
    A slip joint! Or Better than that, a FLIPPER!!!! Since I don't recall you making any, which really doesn't mean a lot with my memory, but you can see just HOW AWESOME THAT WOULD BE, UNLESS I'M OUT OF THE LOOP! And you do make them!!!! And if you did, I was unaware of! I'd be totally SHOCKED...,
    well, no I wouldn't be, it would be just like you to make them secretly!

I'm quite sure, if I took a survey, I know that most of KD would absolutely LOVE to see a Bruce Bump FLIPPER WIP!!! And that my friend CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN SOMEONE'S LIFE, I KNOW YOUR WIP's HAVE MADE A CHANGE IN MINE!!!
    Just something to think about!
    Hope you're having a WONDERFUL DAY!
    Rex

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Facebook for news? I don't really do facebook, but didn't think that was the place for actual news reporting.... is it?

10. McClellan Made Blades

McClellan Made Blades Well-Known Member

Come on Guys & Ladies as well,
    All who appreciate a fine BB made Blade! Speak up now or just wait until...who knows when!!!
    I know Bruce would love to hear all who would and /or NEED to see a fine BB WIP!!!!!
    Speak up now or forever.....WAIT! I surely expected more responses by now!!!!
    Hoping y'all see this and SPEAK UP!!!
    Rex

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017 at 3:19 PM