Bowie 2019 KITH Sean

I think I finally got my swedges even on both sides. I still have some clean up to do, but I'm happy with the way they look now. Jason, I took your advice and made a piece of angle out of wood and attached it to my work rest. I still did some final cleanup with the Bubble Jig, but the piece of angle really got things even.
swedge-right-no2.jpg
swedge-left_no2.jpg

And more whittling today. I partially cleaned up the bolsters and began some trial fitting of my scales. And also wondering what to use for liners. @Retroguy if you are interested in selecting your liners here are what I have. I'm not greatly enthused by any of them actually. I didn't think green would be such a hard color to match.
Any rate here are liner colors I have. G-10.jpg
G-10

and Vulcanized...
Vulcanized.jpg

Sean, have you used that red G10 for liners yet? if not I would experiment with it before using it on your finished knife.
I just finished one with first time red G10 and they didn't come out red. I don't know how to describe the color but it was dull, and not red.
on the other hand, I used the blue recently and they came out a real nice blue like expected.
I've got another in the works that I'm going red with but I'm using the vulcanized stuff this time around.
your knife's looking good, keep at it!

Sean, have you used that red G10 for liners yet? if not I would experiment with it before using it on your finished knife.
I just finished one with first time red G10 and they didn't come out red. I don't know how to describe the color but it was dull, and not red.
on the other hand, I used the blue recently and they came out a real nice blue like expected.
I've got another in the works that I'm going red with but I'm using the vulcanized stuff this time around.
Thanks Steve. No I haven't tried the red G10 liners yet. I ordered some black G10 liners and I'm going to go with that.

Here's where I'm at right now. I glued the black G10 liners to the scales yesterday but one came loose from it's scale this morning when I attempted to clean them up on the grinder. :oops:

So I cleaned off the glue, sanded it down and reglued. I'm going to let them set over night and try the scales again in the morning.
In the mean time I've started on the leather sheath. I've got all the leather pieces cut out and will be working back and forth between cleaning up the knife and putting the sheath together.

Getting there ... :)
Sheath and knife parts.jpg

I just did one with red G10 liners and I really like the look, came out a crimson/blood red. I like it

Back