wilton 4103 platon casting measurements

I purchased a Wilton grinder a few years back and I have a 8 inch wheel for it with no platon casting after doing research on line. I have sticker shock what new ones costs, I decided to build my own. I am going to try to build the exact same factory casting with 1 1/2 and 3 inch wheels. I am hoping some one could give me some basic measurements of the factory casting. I have never seen one in real life only online. I would appreciate any information. Thanks Bill

Bill, I have a Wilton Square Wheel with the platen and 8" wheel. if you can wait till this weekend I'll post some pictures of it with measurements.
I just won't have time to do it during the week, I work late everyday and I'm spent when I get home.
I'll try and post up on Saturday night.

Bill, I took some photos of this Wilton Platen. your going to have to modify this original design to work, the trick parts to this is the adjustments for the wheels are actually built into the wheels, you loosen the screw and the wheel itself actually moves in or out.
It shouldn't be hard to make a platen for this as long as you keep everything square to the machine.

I'm thinking you'll have to make a frame with the wheels attached to it and have the platen as the adjustable part.

feAADAS.jpg

tPJClEN.jpg

There is a bushing that goes over the mounting post, 1/4", so the plated stands off 1/4" from the frame.

G5jJruT.jpg

mZeuTlU.jpg

I hope this helps Bill, or at least gets you a start on making a platen for your Wilton Grinder...

Hi Bladerunner, I appreciate you sending me the measurements and photos. It was very helpful. I agree I'll build the frame and make the platon adjustable. Thanks

You also want to make sure that attachment stud for platen matches your machine. My old platen the stud wore out. I had another one and put it on but due to different year of manufacture the belt hit the bottom of the frame.

Back