whats up with raffles

bubba-san

Whats up with the raffles Boss ? I have not seen any new stuff lately ? Are we still doing them ? :31:

Jeff Pearce

KNIFE MAKER
We have not found a good payment method that we can trust. Paypal does not allow raffles and has closed some account because of the raffles.

bubba-san

I kind of figured thats what happened , I know of several other sites that are experiencing the same problem ! too bad . maybe something will come to light that will be a good substitute ????? ... Bubba

Steven Janik

SUPERMOD & AWARDS BOSS
Bubba,
You are clairvoiant. I called Boss today at 5:00 to work on some options.
I am going to investigate a Non Profit Org rating then we can use the Paypal "Donate Now" button.
Without this, there is the risk of losing your paypal account as well as being held liable for income taxes.

There is an answer, we are just sifting through the options.
We will make an announcement as soon as we can.

Steve

James Terrio

Thanks for bringing this up and looking into it, guys. I've been wondering too but never got around to asking.

Gahagan

A friend of mine told me that he has sold his on ebay by sellling something of little value. ( I found lanyards 300 for $2) and used them to sell tickets. You sell the item and they get a free ticket with purchase just like buying a coke and getting a chance to win a million $. You are selling a product so it is not against the rules. I have done it and he does it regularly. It is just a sugestion though.

Example: Here are 40 gold chains for $1 with free shipping.
http://cgi.ebay.com/40pcs-Golden-plated-Chain-Finding-Clasp-16-5-/220782812395?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3367ae5ceb
You purchase these and sell them individually for the price of the ticket + shipping you include a free ticket with every purchase. Ebay sees it the a purchase of a gold chain. Again just like buying a product and getting a free chance to win.

Last edited:

Steven Janik

SUPERMOD & AWARDS BOSS
The biggest problem with that is that you have to actually SHIP the 300 lanyards or it constitutes internet fraud and if someone pays by mail (check or MO), it's mail fraud and comes with a striped suit.

I think we will have a 501(c)3 status soon for charitable raffles run by the forum and the personal auctions or raffles where the seller or maker keeps the cash will have to be done by check, credit card if you accept it or money order. OR you can use your Paypal if you want to risk losing it. That will be your choice.

We will know more in a week.
Steve

Gahagan

I am willing to ship the lanyard to avoid the hassly of waiting for a money order or check. If they want to pay by check than they just send it without the purchase of the lanyard. I have ahd no problems nor has my friend. If you send the lanyard it is perfectly fine.

Ernie Swanson

SASSY PINK LUUNCHBOX KNIFE MAKER
I am willing to ship the lanyard to avoid the hassly of waiting for a money order or check. If they want to pay by check than they just send it without the purchase of the lanyard. I have ahd no problems nor has my friend. If you send the lanyard it is perfectly fine.
the other problem is people that do not know about the knife raffles or whatever that are buying the chain or lanyards.

I dont know if this would work or not, or if it would be to much of a hassle but.......
Could We setup something like a store or item number that can be paid anyway, like a shopping cart. Then the proceeds just be transfered to the raffle holder?

Bill Coye

Knife Maker
the other problem is people that do not know about the knife raffles or whatever that are buying the chain or lanyards.

I dont know if this would work or not, or if it would be to much of a hassle but.......
Could We setup something like a store or item number that can be paid anyway, like a shopping cart. Then the proceeds just be transfered to the raffle holder?
We've looked at Google Checkout and a number of other similar store-front options.

Looks like Steve is getting this handled :)