What's on the bench these days?

Tony Manifold

Let's see what every one is working on right now. Here is what is sitting on my bench in various stages.
arehu8yn.jpg

From right to left, I have version 3 of my RETT pikal fighting knife, a skinner, two drop points, followed by another skinner and a Wharncliffe that I just finished profiling. Finished all my A2 with those two. The first skinner and the two drop points feature my first attempts at file work. Here is the file work.

egetazej.jpg

I hope to get all of those off to heat treat in the next week or two. With the exception of the RETT which is get black canvas micarta, they are all getting redwood scales from the block i got from burl source. What do you think and what do you have on the go?

Last edited:
No bench yet!

rps20140524_041953.jpg rps20140524_042208.jpg rps20140524_042317.jpg rps20140524_042353.jpg

Hope to finish before Blade so I will have somewhere to store any materials I may buy there. I have a couple of stored knives started that need a bench so I can finish them.

To keep working on something knife related I started building a Freon Tank Demo Forge with Pelallito (Fred) last weekend.

rps20140522_214916.jpg

Tony the file work looks great, Keep'em coming!

man I got a bunch started. I just need to dive in you guys look busy to.

Attachments

• 100_4960.jpg
    100_4960.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 33
Scott...I like the second from the top. I could put that baby to work! let me know how that cuts.
we used it to make salad the other day and sliced radishes and tomatoes thin enough to see thru. i was thinking of doing a passaround with it

A shot of some of my current projects in various stages of completion. Most are commissioned orders and the rest are projects I wanna finish if I ever get the orders caught up. I also have 6 completed knives that I sent to Josh Mason for Kydex. Should have them back soon.

Attachments

• Assortment.jpg
    Assortment.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 35
I have just added more to the list of stuff that needs heat treatment. 2 chef's knives, a straight razor like object and a friction folder.

bujeda7a.jpg

s1288.photobucket.com/user/BACKTINES/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150106_074144_zpsc99f8a36.jpg.html]
20150106_074144_zpsc99f8a36.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:
recent work

Good Morning guys, here's what I've been working on. Seems that everybody wants a hunting/skinner for some reason at this time. One young fellow has ordered 6 knives with a gut hook for his entire wedding party(5 for the groomsmen and 1 for himself)and I have 3 other orders as well, wow, never thought I'd be this busy doing a hobby. Not complaining though, it will put a few bucks in my pocket for a folder I'd like to try next. Sorry for the blank post I accidentally put up earlier, I have trouble figuring out how to post sometimes, think maybe not enough coffee yet today, haha!

attachment.php

Attachments

• recent work.jpg
    recent work.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 37
Back