What's going on in your shop?

coachk

I'm gonna try and finish these 2 up this weekend
02783d709d32a761c2efcce1c0ee0204.jpg
68915a523e1729fe6b1b84bfb6825a77.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Gliden07

I built me a 12T press! Just finished it other than squishing some wood haven't done a real test! I think first project is gonna be stretching out the riengs on some Ken's Custom Iron Tongs that I need to finish!!

Attachments

• IMG_20210922_085844_369.jpg
    IMG_20210922_085844_369.jpg
    303.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20210922_085844_439.jpg
    IMG_20210922_085844_439.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 9

MTBob

I built me a 12T press! Just finished it other than squishing some wood haven't done a real test! I think first project is gonna be stretching out the riengs on some Ken's Custom Iron Tongs that I need to finish!!
How about a video with sound to hear it run? How do you control over pressure in the system, is there a pressure regulator?

Gliden07

How about a video with sound to hear it run? How do you control over pressure in the system, is there a pressure regulator?
I tried to post a video but it said it was to large of a file. The pressure is set right now at 2000LBS I can turn it up if I want but was going to wait and see how it works. I do have a gauge on it to track the pressure to turn it up or down if I have to.

MTBob

I tried to post a video but it said it was to large of a file. The pressure is set right now at 2000LBS I can turn it up if I want but was going to wait and see how it works. I do have a gauge on it to track the pressure to turn it up or down if I have to.
What's the maximum pressure without busting something?
This looks like a fun project this winter. The only problem is that I doubt I'm smart enough to make a blade with a press.

Gliden07

What's the maximum pressure without busting something?
This looks like a fun project this winter. The only problem is that I doubt I'm smart enough to make a blade with a press.
Max pressure for the pump is 3500PSI all other components are rated for that or higher. I wouldn't trust the frame much past the rating ot the Hydraulic system now so maybe 13T. It you wanted heavier I would use the 3x3x3/8" angle iron and would bump the cross pieces with a solid 1" plate on the bottom and ram end to beef it up and facilitate quick change dies.

MTBob

Max pressure for the pump is 3500PSI all other components are rated for that or higher. I wouldn't trust the frame much past the rating ot the Hydraulic system now so maybe 13T. It you wanted heavier I would use the 3x3x3/8" angle iron and would bump the cross pieces with a solid 1" plate on the bottom and ram end to beef it up and facilitate quick change dies.
If I work up enough gumption to make a press someday, would you be willing to share the parts list?

Taz575

Yes, I made the material with a marine epoxy, carbon fiber fabric, burlap and a press. Its badically a home made micarta. Soak fabric, mix and squish!