weird size screws?

Knifemaker.ca

Dealer - Purveyor
I have a friend who asked me to "repair" his folder. He just lost the screws for the pocket clip. How hard can that be?

Now this is not a high quality knife - Casselman - but it was a presentation gift and is special to him.

The torx head screws (that I borrowed from the handle) look like 4-40 button head but seem to have a different thread - maybe finer. Is there some sort of Euro or Asian thread designation available, and if so, any idea where I can access some?

Thanks for any guidance.

Edited - Thinking maybe metric - 2.5mm? Am I on the right track. Any idea where to look for them? Knife kits is out of stock in black. Don't think Boss stocks metric....

Rob!

Last edited:
Casselman...... very likely its a metric thread. The best advice I can give is to go to a local Ace Hardware store....they carry the most metric screws of any hardware out fit I've found. Take a screw with you, and have them help you find the correct size/screw.

The other option, that I've done a few times is to re-thread the hole to the closest SAE size thread you have, or can get, and go that route.

I had to smile when you said "how hard can that be?"........ I've got myself in a lot of pickles thinking the same thing....and I never seem to learn! :)

Back