Week 8 Photo Submission thread CLOSED - Black and White...

BossDog

KnifeDogs.com & USAknifemaker.com Owner
Staff member
Week 8 theme is Black and White....CLOSED for entries

Nearly every camera or cell phone has a black and white setting or there is simple, free software out there to convert a color image to B&W...

Watch your white areas for color artifacting and gray areas for blotching...

This is an extended entry time thread due to a one week pause for my lovely wife and I to go soak up some heat, sun and me some beer....not necessarily in that order.

Last edited:
They say a red filter is best for B&W.
I tried it and it does seem to give the knife some extra pop.

orig.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
How about a not so serious entry? Don't laugh guys, this is just a fun pic and a little story. A long time ago, I met a garbage truck on the road, it was kind of nasty and dirty looking. But, tied right on the grill was a big bright purple Barney stuffed animal. I got a laugh out of it and thought that guy had good sense of humor.

Sometime later, while brush-hogging a neglected property I had purchased, I was getting disgusted with the previous owners obvious laziness. Trash everywhere, broken bottles, burn piles etc. As I rounded a corner, there is this big action figure sticking up out of the ground, with one hand pointing up in the air. Remembering Barney, the garbage truck hood ornament, I strapped this little guy onto my tractor and still get a laugh out of it. He makes a good knife holder too!
#5 pre heat treat copy 2.jpg

Same knife, different background with some texture. I also hear texture is the key to black and white.

1979926_753506208066518_14171575466248816_o.jpg

Buddy that photo is ridiculous this ain't even fair :) but oh well here goes one more time.

uploadfromtaptalk1421712678886.jpg

Snody Texas Hunter kit blade.
:D
The usual light tent shot.
Converted to B&W with some grain/noise added because that's the way I like my B&W… gritty :)

Small hunter - pre ban bark ivory - CPM154- hand finished blade - 416ss bolsters - one of a pair. Nikon D100 - Nikkor 50mm Macro lens

ivory hunter B-W.jpg

Back