Website down?

Discussion in 'Wayne Coe, Artist Blacksmith' started by Topcraft, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Topcraft

Topcraft Member

Hi Wayne, Just noticed that your website is down, and wondering when it will be back up and running.

2. Wayne Coe

Wayne Coe Forum Owner - Moderator

Thanks Chuck, I found out about 2:00 this afternoon. I checked with the host and they had it back up quickly. I know that it was down for at least 2.5 hours. Wonder what that cost me.

3. Topcraft

Topcraft Member

Seems that your site is offline again. Just a quick question, what is a practical thickness of kast-o-lite for lining the outside of 2" insulwool? I want to have a somewhat flux resistant coating on the inside of a 30 gal propane tank forge. Is it possible to get a 1" coating by putting in some 1/4" wire mesh for support? Thanks in advance.....CT

4. Wayne Coe

Wayne Coe Forum Owner - Moderator

Yup, I have gotten several calls about that. I wonder what the host will do for me for the lost business. I just checked it and it is back up again.
    I suggest .5" thickness of Kast-0-Lite over ceramic blanket and then a thin coat of Metrikote over that. No need for the wire mesh, matter of fact, I think that would be a detriment.

Let me know if I can help you. If you can't get through to the web site you can always call or send an e-mail.

Thank you for the heads up and let me know if I can help you.

​Wayne