Walnut blocks

Discussion in 'Pay it Forward' started by GeneK, Oct 4, 2017.

1. GeneK

GeneK KNIFE MAKER

I have 5 small USPS boxes with 5 - 7 dried, walnut blocks in each to give away. They are all at least an 1" thick and 1 1/2" wide. Nothing fancy, just plain unsteamed, black walnut.

[​IMG]

I will send these out to the first 5 to respond and message me an address.

2. Dennis Morland

Dennis Morland KNIFE MAKER

GeneK - You are a good man. I'm sure a few makers will step forward and accept your generous offer. Acts like this solidify my thoughts about knife makers being the salt of the earth.

I have all the walnut that I will use in a lifetime. I do not need any more at this time. But, I wanted to tell you thank you for being a generous fellow.

BTW: The block in the lower left looks killer!

GeneK likes this.
  3. Smallshop

Smallshop KNIFE MAKER

I'm good on wood Gene, Some of those will be beautiful handles! You'll make some-ones day for sure!

GeneK likes this.
  4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

I'll chime in also - Moves like this is what makes the knifemaking folks such great folk. The wood on the left side is REALLY nice figure. I've got plenty of plain walnut that I cut from a tree back in '91, but nothing like that really nice wood. Somebody's going to be VERY happy.

GeneK and Smallshop like this.
  5. cnccutter

cnccutter Well-Known Member

I love walnuts and would love some ,

Thanks Gene!
    Address sent

Erik

6. GeneK

GeneK KNIFE MAKER

Thanks everyone. This forum quickly became one of my favorites because of all the people here who are willing to give help to all of us starting out. Hopefully I can suck up enough of the knowledge here to help others out someday. Until then, I have 3 boxes of the walnut left.

7. bodam

bodam Well-Known Member

If you have blocks left, I wouldn't mind some

8. JeremyBartlett

JeremyBartlett Well-Known Member

Gene,

I love me some walnut, and think it's great that you are helping out! I'd love a box, and if you're interested I have a crap ton of curly maple that I need to cut up, they are only about 1 inch thick. Once I cut them up I'll send ya a box in return! IMG_20171002_041508_610.jpg

Smallshop, GeneK and Dennis Morland like this.
  9. GeneK

GeneK KNIFE MAKER

Jeremy, That is some really nice maple. Message me an address and I'll get a box sent.

JeremyBartlett likes this.
  10. BMOC

BMOC New Member

I’d love some of your walnut to use. Will try messaging my address now.

11. GeneK

GeneK KNIFE MAKER

BMOC, I'll get a box sent to you. All the boxes are spoken for. When I have more, I'll post here with what I have.

12. Gliden07

Gliden07 Well-Known Member

AWESOME!!

13. C Craft

C Craft Well-Known Member

Really nice walnut. It makes me think of the black walnut trees on my Mom and Dads old home place. I sure hated to see that place sold but it had gotten to be too much for them to keep up at the time!! Sometimes it is funny what triggers memories!!