Von Gruff KITH - companions

Von Gruff

KNIFE MAKER
Ok guys. Time to make a choice for my KITH but as hunting knives are my general go to knife I thought I would put up a choice to see where your preferences lay. Just remember that I dont do flash so none of the fancy embelishments that so many of you are offerings. This will just be a plain jane knife as I am inclined to think that in the dark room test where the embelishments are not visible, would the knife still hold up to the important aspect or comfort and directability in hand and is the blade a good design for the intended task.
So with that proviso up front the options to put forward would be the new classic mini skinner or the field scalpel on the smaller end of the scale or in a larger knife the fisherman or the safari hunter

Ok guys. Time to make a choice for my KITH but as hunting knives are my general go to knife I thought I would put up a choice to see where your preferences lay. Just remember that I dont do flash so none of the fancy embelishments that so many of you are offerings. This will just be a plain jane knife as I am inclined to think that in the dark room test where the embelishments are not visible, would the knife still hold up to the important aspect or comfort and directability in hand and is the blade a good design for the intended task.
So with that proviso up front the options to put forward would be the new classic mini skinner or the field scalpel on the smaller end of the scale or in a larger knife the fisherman or the safari hunter
Gruff, your knives are awesome!!! Your fit and finish are top notch, and your designs are very pleasing to the eye. I especially like the work you do with two piece handles. Your color choices are always really nice. And those black handled kitchen knives you just finished are super fine. In short, I would personally love to have any of the knives you make ... lights on or off.

I just finished telling Dennis how I much prefer a small knife. Then I see your post and my mind immediately goes to your Safari Hunter and your Fisherman!

The Lion Hunter you made with the straight piercing blade is another favorite of mine.

HAHA! This is going to be a great KITH because I don’t think anyone cares! Everyone knows they will get a fantastic knife no matter what.

Agree, with all above comments. I really did have a thing for the lion hunter blade though. That one caught my eye for sure.

I have narrowed my KITH options to these two so will go with the concensus opinion. The Safari knife or the mini skinner. I will do a curved bolster on whichever choice is made rather than flat backed just to tune it up a bit.
SXnlQOxl.jpg

79FFvFKl.jpg

I have narrowed my KITH options to these two so will go with the concensus opinion. The Safari knife or the mini skinner. I will do a curved bolster on whichever choice is made rather than flat backed just to tune it up a bit.
SXnlQOxl.jpg

79FFvFKl.jpg
That safari hunter can't be beat, IMHO!

That seems to be the consensus Johan so the Safari knife it will be. I will make one of the cassic mini skinners for myself I think.

Back