Vintage Micarta (I’ll update as I process new materials)

murphda2

Super Moderator and KD Blade Show Boss
For those who may be interested, I’ve been collecting vintage Micarta for the past year or so. I’ve gathered what I’ve been told is likely one of the larger current collections of materials. I cannot GUARANTEE that each piece I have is “Westinghouse”, but I’m inclined to believe that most is. If you find yourself in search of unique Micarta for a special project, hit me up. Attached is a few pics of what I currently have in stock.

Attachments

murphda2

Pics #2 and #3 are the same piece. Photos were taken approximately three months apart to show how the material changes color over time.

murphda2

Picked up A LOT more vintage Micarta I’ll be processing down in the coming week. I’ll scales a small sheets from 1/8” to 1 1/8” thick in various colors and types. I’ll try to remember to post more pics once I get it cut up and a few pieces shaped to show colors.

opaul

Picked up A LOT more vintage Micarta I’ll be processing down in the coming week. I’ll scales a small sheets from 1/8” to 1 1/8” thick in various colors and types. I’ll try to remember to post more pics once I get it cut up and a few pieces shaped to show colors.
M interested. I love vintage micarta

murphda2

Another piece I’ve processed. I have a few sets of scales and a couple of small sheets of this natural linen. The fresh cut edge is a really clean tan color. As you can see from the ground and polished end, when exposed to UV light it develops a very rich color.

I’ve been told by a few collectors that they have documented proof that this is Westinghouse produced material. Sadly, the piece I obtained had no “official” markings. We’ll just call it really neat old linen Micarta made with non-photo stabilized resin. Hit me up if interested in getting ahold of some of this unique and fairly rare material.

Attachments