True Grit movie 2010 version

James Terrio

I won't bore you with a long review except to say it's excellent. One of the best new movies I've seen in a long time.

There's also a lot of scenes with very cool knives, if anyone knows who made them please post a link.

Carry on!

I don't go see movies anymore after I broke my back. I can't sit that long at one time. but we buy the dvd's ,I can't wait to see this one.

It is an excellent movie. The original with John Wayne made such an impression it was hard to not think of that movie and John Wayne the entire time. Each stands on their own. It's worth going to..

When we joined a riding group in north Georgia and they learned that I was an attorney they started calling me J. Noble Daggett. Then to keep from getting junk mail and calls on the home phone I listed my phone as J. Noble Daggett. Some of the folks in the club thought that that was my name.

The original with John Wayne made such an impression it was hard to not think of that movie and John Wayne the entire time. Each stands on their own.

I agree, both are great in different ways. I almost didn't go see the new one because how can you top the original? But I'm really glad I did. I think I need to read the book, too.

I cant wait till this is out on dvd, I want to see it bad.

I am a huge Jeff Bridges and the Coen Brothers fan

One of the best quotes from the original.

Glen Campbell " who is this Lawer Dagget anyway?
John Wayne answers " I don't know, but she draws him like a gun".

I cant wait till this is out on dvd, I want to see it bad.

I am a huge Jeff Bridges and the Coen Brothers fan

You won't be disappointed if you like those guys, or westerns in general. Hopefully the DVD will have some interviews and behind-the-scenes info, I love that stuff!

Did I mention there's great knives all through it?

Back