Thylacine Flipper

Cubane

This is my first one from designing in CAD and my first flipper model. I usually make much smaller slipjoints but I love a flipper. Since I can't import them any more I figured I better make one. There are a few changes I would like to make for the next one. Mostly due to not being show about how CAD converts to real world. There is space in the handle for about 1/4" more blade length and I will bring the plunge back further to lengthen the blade too.

The specs:

• Overall length: 242mm (9.5")
  • Closed length: 139mm (5.5")
  • Blade: 4.4mm CPM154CM
  • Liners: 2mm 6AL4V Titanium (0.080")
  • Scales: 5mm Tan G10
  • Pivot: 5.5mm with caged bearings
  • Standoffs: Aluminium
  • Weight: 181 gms (6.4oz)

thylacine01.jpg

thylacine02.jpg

thylacine03.jpg

thylacine04.jpg

thylacine05.jpg

thylacine06.jpg

assembly.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Alistair

Really well :D

[video=youtube_share;ReACc0oylZo]http://youtu.be/ReACc0oylZo?t=18s[/video]

I am hoping to do a midtech run for us Down Under since we can't import flippers anymore so ignore that bit.

Alistair,Nice work. I'm not sure what software you are using. Can you show an open and closed configuration in your software program? I know that Solid Works will so you can see how most everything works open or closed. Dan

Yeah I am using Solidworks. I have it set up for open and closed just not used to how much coverage will work when it is done on the computer

Alistar, I thought that the images that you posted looked like Sw.I build up my model with all parts included. I have downloaded the screws from MC Master Carr and depending on how much time available will model the blade to look like it is ground. Some of the configurations might only show the blade and liners as you have shown. I hope this might help with your question. Dan

Cheers. In the future I will definitely be modelling the blade grind. It has such a big effect to the final look of the knife.

Back