The sheath area needs a good tutorial.

Tod Lowe

This forum area could use a good tutorial stickied at the top. Something new exclusively for Knifedogs.:beg:
Im definately not the man to do it.:D
I could do one on what not to do.:(

I've got plans going for a pattern making tutorial, and with the talent we're getting here I'm sure we'll have a bunch of info flowing very soon. :)

I am planning on getting a couple up on lacing and inlays.Dave:)

Bruce Bump has just finished a hard sheath with engraved top & tip. He has shown a series of pic's showing what he did. I believe you'll find them on his forum site here.

Dave when you do the lacing tutorial may I suggest doing it in a video also. I can not speak for others but when it comes to lacing or braiding I can grasp it a lot better when I see it being done. I have a hard time getting my head around it when I see it on paper. Just idea.

Wade, unfortunately I have no way to video anything,sorry.Dave:(

I've got plans going for a pattern making tutorial, and with the talent we're getting here I'm sure we'll have a bunch of info flowing very soon. :)

I have made a few hundred pouch style sheaths, but I always struggle with the pattern. Seems that it is either too darn tight or too darn loose.

Can't wait for some added info that will help.

Robert

I have a knife coming into sheath for a customer this week and I will use it for a tutorial.It is a large folder and will get an open top pouch with lacing and an inlay.So I should be able to cover alot of bases with this one sheath.I hope to have the tutorial done by early next week.Dave :)

I have a knife coming into sheath for a customer this week and I will use it for a tutorial.It is a large folder and will get an open top pouch with lacing and an inlay.So I should be able to cover alot of bases with this one sheath.I hope to have the tutorial done by early next week.Dave :)

Sounds great! Thanks for taking the time to help out.

Amen Dave2thumbs Particularly since it's my folder cool 1, a custom made by Art Lynn (NM), patterned after the venerable Case Bulldog/Buffalo.
I'd also recommend the rawhide sheath tutorial, also posted here, be "stickied"!

Mike

Back