The best peice of wood

Mr.Svinarich

What is the best piece of wood you have ever had the pleasure of putting on a knife?

Ill start, Redwood burl supplied by burlsource.

Pictures welcomed!

KenH

White Teak Burl that was a gift from Rex - NICE stuff! Wife claimed ALL of it for her knives.

Ken

TacticallySharp

KNIFE MAKER
RedWoodBurl.jpg

Photo doesn't do it justice...

Redwood Burl from Pop's. I visited his place back in 2011 and got about 15 awesome pieces and scale sets from him. I was like a kid in a candy store. Need to go visit him again. He's got stuff he doesn't even remember where he got it. Wife said she would not let me go alone!

rhinoknives

Many different woods on different knives and there is so much variation that some abundant renewable & common woods can be amazing after stabilization.
California Buckeye comes to mind first, Maple in all of it's variations and Red flame ash, plus many more

Doug Timbs

The very best I've used would be a piece of Honduras Rosewood burl. But a nice piece of Gidgee is hard to beat.

Doug

dereklee12

I still cant get over buckeye. I used g10 for my first few then I got some buckeye burl and haven't used g10 much since then. Natural material has such an amazing beauty to it.
DSC_0340.jpg

Brad Lilly

Moderator and Awards Boss
common woods can be amazing after stabilization
I find I'm drawn to plain old figured maple burl. It may sound boring but I think it looks great. Maple is very common around here